Friday, February 10, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Friday's Word of the Week

I am going to try this on Fridays for awhile and see how it goes. Not every day can one come up with something meaningful or insightful to wax poetic about. So in looking back at my week I am going to try to think of a word(s) that reminds me of the past week's goings on.


 Accountability [uh-koun-tuh-bil-i-tee]; noun
1. the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
2. Education . a policy of holding schools and teachers accountable for students' academic progress by linking such progress with funding for salaries, maintenance


(I swear I didn't add that second definition I just got it from http://www.dictionary.com/ )


Accountability or lack thereof really is what I mean...bugs the beejuzus outta me.


If you say you are going to do something, do it.


If you represent an "organization" and should always have the well being of whom you represent in the forefront of your mind, then you MUST be accountable to them. And when they ask you a question or expect you have been doing what you should of all along to get the job done, then you have better dam well done it.


If you treat someone poorly, say I don't know, a friend that has never treated you poorly for example...you don't get to act like everything is peachy keen the next time you see them. No. You need either to own your ridiculous schizophrenic behavior or you need to say something. Anything. "Sorry I didn't take my meds today" or "Sorry I am an idiot" or "Sorry someone dropped a 10lb brick on my head and I didn't know what I was saying". Something. Be accountable.


We make decisions for our children because they either can't (and we are the parents and we need to sometimes) or because you are a helicopter parent that needs to manipulate you child's every calculated move (for some weird selfish end result) then own it. Be accountable. And if it turns out maybe not the way you wanted then own it. Try to fix. Be accountable that you screwed up, maybe for all the right reasons but own it.

"Some favorite expressions of small children:
“It’s not my fault. . . They made me do it. . . 
I forgot.”  Some favorite expressions of adults: “It’s not my job. . . No one told me. . . It couldn’t be helped.” True freedom begins and ends with personal accountability." - Dan Zadra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive