Wednesday, March 7, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: 7 Qualities of Women You Want to Be Around

"They respect you for what you have done
 and where you have come from"

It's probably a little like "affirmation" that I blogged about last week.

The best women to be around are the ones that "get" you.

The ones that know your story, or at least are interested in finding out what your story is, not only telling you theirs.

The ones that have truly listened and read between the lines and can understand why you do what you do. And that you do what you do because well, that's just who you are. And that's OK with them.

They understand how you feel about things, and even if they don't necessarily agree, they get why you feel the way you do.

They respect where you come from enough that they can lovingly, honestly give you a reality check when you need one.

I think respect in this quality is key. Respect where you come from even if where they come from is a world away. Respect things you have accomplished without making you feel self conscious or feel like you have to hold back, because you won't make them feel any less about themselves.

I have women in my life that literally know where I come from; a little girl with dirty blonde hair who lived in a house on a block filled with kids in a middle-class town. Or women who've known me later my life that know "where I come from" in the less literal sense.  They've heard my story, they know why I do what I do...they get me. And the feeling is mutual. Lucky me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive