Tuesday, June 5, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: God Bless the Queen

God Bless the Queen.  Really.  I mean that.  60 years in charge is a huge milestone.  As an American, the Queen is not in the forefront of my daily life.  She is a lovely old lady.  Wears nice suits - doesn't talk much - not so interesting. 

I tuned in for a few minutes for the Royal Wedding a year ago.  I tuned in for a few minutes on Sunday to see the Thames filled with boats.  Lovely.  Now there is no escaping the jubilee.  It must be a slow news week since NBC has sent a whole royal watcher party to London to document every minute of the jubilee.  Enough.  You can only watch so many car processions and horse processions and royal lunches and speeches.  I wonder why the media feels this is so important that it should take over morning news.  Hopefully it means no troops are dying in foreign countries.  No atrocities are taking place in our own country.  If the only thing happening in the world right now is the Queen's celebration than yay - but I am not buying it.  There must be more going on.  For now I am switching over to HGTV, where I can oogle other peoples homes - I find that much more interesting than Elizabeth.  Is it just me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive