Thursday, August 16, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Green Grass

"If the grass is always greener on the other side
...then water the lawn"


I read that somewhere the other day. I like it. Apropos for me this year, as my lawn this year looks like crap, literally and it's pissing me off. I have blogged ad nauseum a lot about my love for gardening. Being sick during planting season this year has set me back. But I have chosen to accept it and move on..there's always next year.
But this post is not about literal grass...although I almost went there.

It's about accepting what's on your side of the fence and if you don't like it then fix it, but don't fixate on what's greener. (always keep in mind and I have learned this one lesson at least, that even if it looks greener, if you look really close it was astroturf all along!)

As I complain through home renovations and covet clean houses when I visit other people, I have to remember at least
I am finally getting stuff done that I have been wanting to do seems like forever.  

And even if what I really want to do is start cleaning my house top to bottom, I still have a little boy who has movies he wants to see,  friends he wants to have over and a couple more things on his to do list before he starts 5th grade. And I will have September...wonderful,quiet, all mine September.

And although I really wanted to sneak another vacation in this summer before school starts doesn't look too promising, and we have had a great summer, and there's always beaches nearby and staycations in the yard.

I have been really trying not to look at anyone else's grass and it's seems to be working. I still hate the weeds on my lawn. I would be lying if I said I didn't. But I sure as heck don't want that astroturf even if it looks good from a distance. So I will keep watering and weeding and be happy with what I got.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive