Tuesday, September 25, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: kindness

This morning I had a chat with a friend about what a wonderful world it would be if we could all just be a little kinder.  Forget the bulls#&t and just carry on.  

Today, a friend, who knows I am trapped at home with a sick kid, stopped by to drop off muffins & veggie juice.  Kindness.  Last week when I was sick, Cara picked up a couple of gallons of milk for me at the store. Kindness.  A friend asked me for a recipe the  other  night and so on Sunday morning I dropped it off to her with all the spices.  Kindness. If we could all just go one step beyond, even a baby step, it would be a beautiful thing. Adults behaving badly seems to be a theme of late.  I wish all those adults could just take a step back and see a little more clearly & maybe act a little more kindly.  I am not talking walk all over me kind of nice, just letting someone go at the four way stop, reaching something from the top,shelf at the grocery store for someone, picking up a piece of garbage that isn't yours.  Baby steps, if we all took them it might add up to lots of leaps.

Here's the recipe I shared the other day - super easy - super delicious.

Marinated Chicken kabobs  (for 2)
1 pound chicken breasts cubed
1 T McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning
2 T red or white wine vinegar 
1/4 cup olive oil 
Skewers

Mix the seasoning, vinegar & olive oil.  Pour over chicken & marinate 30 minutes or more.  Put chicken on skewers and grill on BBQ or on grill pan 2 - 3 minutes per side.  Serve with rice & a veggie.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive