Thursday, May 9, 2013

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Ignorance is Bliss

It's been pretty quiet on the blog the past month - or haven't you noticed.  I meant to post a "Leave of Absence" sign but just never got around to it. 

My husband is running for a Board of Ed position in our town.  I felt it was best if I just logged off until the whole thing was over.  I was doing great until today. It's hard being in the spotlight.  It's hard being in politics.  It's hard when the opposition is was your friend.  Someone you defended for  years on end but now is spitting in your face.  It's hard when so many people you thought were your friends are playing for the other team...or are they?

Ignorance is Bliss - when you cast your vote, no one knows who you really voted for so you can say one thing and do another.  If you put a sign on your lawn supporting a certain candidate than that's a different story.  To me, it's a slap in the face.  When I see signs on friends lawns, I am saddened.  Not by their choice - everyone has a voice - but by the loss of my ignorance.  I have not asked many of my friends to put signs out - I didn't want to make them choose - but choose they did or did they just say yes to the first person who asked?

In another 10 days this whole thing will be over and for that I am glad.  Either way it ends up, many people will be disappointed that their choice didn't get chosen.  I will have a whole new outlook on life.  Politics brings out the worst in people and I am trying not to fall into that trap. 

What saddens me the most is that I will have lost friends over this.  I can't hide my dissapointment in people and I can't help feeling that by choosing one candidate over another, you chose one "friendship" over another.  I am not asking you to support my husband because of our friendship but I am asking you not to promote the other guy on your front lawn in deference to our friendship. Vote your conscience - just don't let me in on it.
 
My husband is running for all the right reasons - I know this - and I support him 100%. 

You won't hear from me until after the election - for now I need to hold my head high, not listen to the gossip & rumors and carry on. As one "friend" suggested, take the high road, and that is exactly what I am doing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive