Monday, May 20, 2013

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Politics make Strange Bedfellows

In less than 36 hours my husbands run for Board of Education Trustee will be over.  Whatever the outcome, I am just glad it's going to be over.  The mud slinging and trash-talking has been humorous at times in it's untruth and hurtful at others when it was aimed at our Children.

I will say that I definitely perceive people, all people, in a new light now. This little bubble we live in called Mayberry has such a diversity of people - many whom I never knew existed - who have come out in support of my husband.  The flip side of that is the ignorance of people, who have never met my husband, and have chosen to repeat gossip or innuendo that didn't even resemble the truth.

If politics on this level - a local school board election - reflect the nation as a whole, than I am saddened by it.  Politics is ugly business and it brings out the best and worst in people and yes, it makes for strange bedfellows. 

The next two nights bring spring concerts and art shows and I will be there to support my children.  I love this town and many of the people in it, and truly only want the best for all its residents. It offers a small town life and a safe-haven and a place where everyone knows everyone...that is a good thing - most of the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive