Wednesday, May 22, 2013

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: after thought

The election is over and I couldn't be happier.  Hubby lost and that's okay.  I am a firm believer in karma and things happening for a reason.  There is a book "All I need to know I learned I learned in kindergarten"  that takes kindergarten lessons and applies them to real life. We learn a lot in kindergarten - but I think I learned more the last few weeks by being briefly involved in local politics. 

Politics are ugly -even in a local Mayberry election.
Some friends are pretend.
New friends will find you.
The people you never would have thought are on your side - are.
The people you expect to be on your side - some are & some aren't.
People bend the truth to suit them, some just lie. 

I know this sounds cynical & one friend said to be she hoped the good outweighed the bad in the whole experience and it did - it allowed me to see people's true colors.  Life goes on - of course I am disappointed in the outcome because I know hubby was running for all the right reasons.  He truly believed he could be of service to our town and for that I am proud of him.  

Our foray into politics is done. Life goes on, the sun will shine    and I thank everyone for their kind words & support. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive