Sunday, May 10, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Mothers Day Grateful List

1. I am thankful I am a mom.
2. I am thankful for all the moms I know who inspire me each in their own way.
3. I am thankful for my own mom even though we don't always agree.
4. I am thankful I am experiencing motherhood x 3 and that each one offers a different perspective.
5. I am thankful for the Aunt who is not a mom to her own children but steps in for me with mine.
6. I am thankful for frozen food.
7. I am thankful for my azaleas which make me smile every time I walk up my front walkway now that they are blooming.
8. I am thankful for wine and margaritas.
9. I am thankful for the man who made me a mom.
10. I am thankful I am a mom.

Cara:I am thankful on Mother's Day...
1. That the sun is shining today.
2. That I woke up today feeling good, refreshed and rested
3. For my husband who goes out of his way on Mother's Day to make it special but doing the
little things that make me happy
4. For Sam. My Diva. Who is an amazing young woman, cut from the same cloth as me and
although that makes us butt heads everyday we always know how much we love each other.
She is a 2nd mom to her brothers and helps me out more than she knows.
5. For Ant. Who is so solid and good. Never gives me trouble, has a smile that melts my heart.
And even though he is bigger than me stills lets me sometimes treat him like that little boy
who spent half his life attached to my hip.
6. For Mike. He keeps me young, makes me laugh and loves me absolutely unconditionally, for
now anyway. I am the light of his life and I will take it for as long as it lasts.
7. For my parents and my inlaws who by their examples have taught me how to be a great
mom and wife for my family.
8. For my mom friends. Who without, I would not get through some days. For their listening, kid
swapping, making me laugh, having my back. I love them all.
9. For flowers to plant when I get home this afternoon
10. For many more things among them...margaritas, my iPod, summer, pedicures...

Side note: I wrote this last night I am finding that blogging is like therapy for me...
PMSing like crazy today...tomorrow is Mother’s Day. So tonight I will go to bed a little early and sleep a little late. We have a double header lacrosse game tomorrow. A few PMS days ago I had complained about games on Mother’s Day. Even though I would love to just lie around, read the paper and drink coffee all morning, I will be at the field by 10:30, but I am not going to complain. I am sure there are mothers who are a little sad on Mother’s Day because of the heartache over a sick or lost child. My kids are good. Great even. I am lucky that I have a happy healthy little boy that I can watch run around with his friends. Yes, somewhere a mom may have been getting breakfast in bed or drinking mimosas at a brunch as I sit in my chair on the sidelines cheering on a bunch of little boys. It will be fine by me. Later in the afternoon I will plant my annuals that I paid too much for and maybe I will take a much deserved PMS/Mother’s Day nap. ~Cara
Happy Mother's Day!!! ( Jenn to you too...I hope you get what you want this Mother's Day!)

Sidenote from Jenn: I am on the same PMS trip - too funny - I cried like a baby this morning at my children's mother's day poems - I think I scared them - but it was so nice to see their appreciation of me in writing and to know that I am a good mom in their eyes and hearts - lately I have been looking at my children and thinking this is all going too fast and I find myself with tears in my eyes and a lump in my heart. I am going to relax today -as if - at least the best I can and just appreciate my family and try not to "freak out" as Lu said I sometimes do in her poem. So happy Mother's Day to all my comrades out there - have a wonderful day! And Yes, Cara, there is a Santa Claus!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive