Thursday, July 30, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: The weeds have taken over

Growing up, I was very into gardening. Hard to believe now when you see my front garden covered in weeds. I was raised by a mother who I think Bree Van de Kamp was cloned after. I was sent to flower arranging classes at the Woman's Club (I wonder if they still have those?) and even won many awards. I was taught how to arrange flowers by style and height and what goes with which. I don't remember a lot of it now except the Momma bear, Papa bear and Baby Bear rule of bowl floral arrangements. There were always fresh flowers in our house - usually cut from our garden and arranged by me. In HS my interest in flowers faded. When we moved into the house we live in now, I always made an effort to add some color to the front of the house with flowers - usually just impatients as they are so easy but I am a big fan of Dahlia's and daisies too. My interest always fades again this time of year when the garden needs so much upkeep - watering and weeding - I just don't feel like I have the time. I knew we were moving since the beginning of summer so I really did minimal effort as far as flowers go. I only planted Pansies in the spring but they have kept on flowering in the cool temps this summer. I looked at my garden this morning and thought the Weeds have Won - there were so many of them and my flowers looks so overwhelmed that I took a hoe and ripped everything out - emptied every container and banished all the weeds and flowers too. I feel so much better now that it is all cleaned out. I am leaving the new owner a fresh patch to work with. She will show up on closing day to beautiful hydrangea bushes, some wild flowers and a few tomato plants. I actually enjoyed spending the afternoon ripping everything out - it gave me a great feeling and great hope for a fresh start. I am looking forward to a new garden at a new house. It can't come soon enough.

Word of the Week: Drunkorexia, Starving yourself to save calories so you can drink your calories.

Cara's two cents...Drunkorexia... uh never mind no comment ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive