Friday, August 14, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Boys

No matter how old I get I don’t think I will ever understand them. Not really sure I want to. It makes my hair hurt. I will never understand the “male” point of view...

Boys: Your friend is mean to you and then an hour later you go out and play wiffle ball together.

Girls: You were mean to me? I will now curse you so that your hair turns green while you are sleeping

Boys: You came here wearing the exact same shorts as me? COOL!!!

Girls: You BETTER have a change of clothes in your purse…

Boys: Hey what’s up Butt Face!

Girls: You did NOT just call me that?

Boys: Frank and Steve went to the bar for a beer last night. He says: Cool, I hear they have great wings there.

Girls: Mary and Cathy went to the mall yesterday. She says: Nice. Why didn’t they call me?They know I love the mall…they did it on purpose to leave me out!!

And so it goes. I don’t know if the “boys” have it right or just too one dimensional to do it any other way. Are we gals just too complex? Or do we have to make an issue out of everything? I laugh when I think what would happen if we left the dads to get involved with that teacher thing. The kids may end up in the wrong grade. (So what if they do first grade again? They will get everything right!) Some dads I know don’t even know what street the school is on.

It’s gotta be easier in the day to day to be a boy. He can perform bodily functions at the poker table and either his buddies don’t notice, laugh or clap. If she tried that while out having a pedicure with her girlfriends? No one will clap, let me assure you. The face he looks at in the mirror after washing it, is the face he shows the world. It’s not a face that still needs all the features “painted” on. He can be hairy (to a point) and look macho. There is not really a need for waxing, plucking and shaving. We can be hairy too…and have the other girls call us Sasquatch behind our back. Did I mention Aunt Flo? Yeah well she NEVER visits him. Nuff said.

Maybe we can learn a lesson from “them” and not sweat the small stuff. Or maybe it’s just the waxing, PMS and gas that make us so difficult. I don’t know. What I do know is that it seems to be easier being a boy. Maybe I will try to think like one and see how my day goes. (while wearing my makeup of course!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive