Monday, August 3, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Live Simply

I saw a plaque in a catalog that said that. The fact that you can buy a plaque for $25 that says that is an oxymoron in itself. But as I thought about it, it’s hard to live simply. Now at this time anyway. It seems we are always running trying to play catch up. Work, work, work…make more money. Then taxes go up, prices on everything go up etc…so work, work, work ‘cause you better make more money.

Some days it’s not so easy to turn off the “I wants” in your head. Then some days you are home watching your kids play kickball in the front yard while they eat those good old cheap ice pops (you know the ones in the long clear plastic that come in an assortment of frozen sugar colors). Then you think…this is easy. Kids, sunshine and ice pops…simple.

In this rushed life we live, I am finding as I get older, it’s really important to remember the simple things. Stop and smell the roses so to speak. So before September is upon me and it’s back to school and the days get shorter and the nights get colder, I will take time to look for the simple things in my life that are really the most important.

For example I remembered the other day how I love the smell of freshly cut grass. So I just enjoyed that, as I weeded my garden and Jr. cut the grass. I chased my crazy dog around the yard because she was in a playful mood and one day I won’t have her anymore.

Recently, parents that live nearby lost all three of their children in a horrific car accident. I didn’t know them but followed their story in the local paper. I thought as I folded the umpteenth load of kids’ laundry that morning, that I am sure that mom would love to just simply have to fold her child’s’ socks today too.

Simply put, life is precious. There are simple, wonderful things that go on in our lives everyday that we just overlook or take for granted. We take them for granted until something happens or is taken away, then we realize how important they were. I have simply decided not to let that happen to me.



Also.. happy birthday to RA...my buddy...confidant and faithful reader. Love you!

1 comments:

Rosemarie said...

Thank you for the bday wishes, I am a faithful follower! I try to live simply too, I try to live the simple abundance life and it is very hard. I guess it's ok to be "simply" some days and "not so simply" other days, as long as we don't ever loose sight of what's important. keep writing, I enjoy your insights very much. R.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive