Sunday, August 2, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Grateful Sunday

Jenn:
Yesterday was my Dad's 76th bithday. I am grateful I got to spend it with him.
Today I woke up to the sad news that my neighbor, Bob, passed away. I spoke with his wife yesterday, they were getting ready to go on vacation Wednesday, I was going to take in the mail and watch the cat. I saw Bob on Friday, we waved hello as we always do. I shouted Hi Bob as I pulled out of the driveway. This morning I brought bagels and cold cuts to his widow. Bob was my dad's age. I am grateful for many things this morning. I am grateful for the health and happiness of my family and that we all woke to see the sun. I try to appreciate what I have and lately that has been tough. Bob's passing woke me up to remember that each day is a gift and we need to enjoy it. Today I am going to show my gratitude to those I love and remember that life isn't always easy but at least we're living.


Cara: Grateful that I am functioning after THE annual summer party last night. That was all I was going to say this morning but....I am also grateful that I don't have to write something thoughtful today because I just dont have it in me this morning (afternoon actually)...after reading the above I realize I am also grateful for my caring friend.

I will say a prayer for Bob and his family. And be grateful that worst thing for me today will be a hangover after having a great time with my friends. Lucky me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive