Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Staycation

Staycation : A vacation that is spent at one's home enjoying all that home has to offer.

That’s what we are doing for the most part this summer. Is it my choice exactly? No. I would like to go someplace cool…I enjoy traveling. But with big parties and a few weddings thrown in this year it was a good idea. I may have not liked the idea at first. I did want to spend a week at a beach house again. But as the summer rolls along I am finding that it’s not that bad. I am lucky I live where I do because I have many options.

We are enjoying our pool. I am actually getting my hair wet instead of sitting on the edge watching the kids! The big kids are doing their thing with their friends, with no strict rules about dinner and the more often than not extension of curfews. Shorty is doing his day camps. They are nothing fancy. They are just a chunk of time during the day to be with friends from school, run through sprinklers and learn cool “new” games like Running Bases and Red Rover.

I went to the beach yesterday and stood in the ocean and just took it all in. When we were done I was back home and in the shower in 30 minutes. Tonight I will go have pizza in my friends' backyard. Next week we will go to NYC. A few weeks later I will go upstate to visit Nana and Poppy, maybe milk a cow and definitely hug some horse friends I haven’t seen in awhile.

There’s so many other things about where you live that you probably take for granted and don’t enjoy because there’s a list of “other” places you would like to go. Me too. A Staycation whether planned or not, is a great opportunity to find fun in your own backyard, so to speak. I have four Italian Ice places all pretty much in walking distance…so we are trying them all to see which one is the best. Two of which I have never been to until this summer. Eating an ice is not such a bad way to spend an evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive