Friday, September 4, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara:Dinner-time-a-phobia

Dinner-time-a-phobia, an anxiety disorder characterized by extreme and irrational fear or constant worry about what's for dinner next, what time the next dinner will be, who's coming to dinner and anything that has to do with dinner in general, even if you haven't had today's dinner yet

I can probably now add that to my list of mental disorders. (along with LDD,SAD,OCD,CRS etc..)I think about dinner all the time. I make weekly lists of what's for dinner. Scroll down and you will see what we are making for dinner tonight. You thought breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Apparently not. Breakfast is important, you need to get your body moving for the day. But at the pace we live...there's really not much time for a new breakfast recipe. Pop waffle out of toaster, drip syrup on it, shove it in your mouth and get your ass on that bus. Yeah, no recipes.

But dinner. You can plan dinner. You can shop for dinner ahead of time or on your way home. You can try new recipes on your unsuspecting family. Whereas dinner may piss you off.
Kid: "Mom what's for dinner?"
Me: "A new recipe...Panko breaded Muskrat, I saw it on Rachel Ray this morning"
Kid: "Can I have a PB&J?"
(ingrates..)

I have inherited this from my father. I make fun of him because of it all the time. (he has a SEVERE case if it can make me nuts!)

So yes I have it and I can't wait for it to kick in again. During the summer, we are usually minus one or two, or have a few extra for dinner. Things are mostly BBQ'd, or made on the stove. We eat at whatever time since no one usually has anything pressing to get to after dinner. Last night we ate at almost 8:00 p.m. That wont be happening this time next week that's for sure. You can bet soon I will be figuring out my plan for next week. I will pull out my "Recipes to Try" folder and get to work. When I make a good one I will share. Tonight for dinner...whatever. It's still summer and it's Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive