Thursday, September 24, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Feels like home




From the moment I looked at the wreck of a house I knew it was home. People told me I was crazy. It was too much work. It was not worth it. Give up. Something in that house made me say it had to be mine. I had a feeling that this was home. When it was sad and dilapidated, having sat empty for years, I felt it was home. Now it is beautiful – everything I could have ever dreamed, except I would have opted for more kitchen cabinets, it is home. There are no ghosts, no dark scary corners. It is full of light and happiness. Getting here was a long, difficult journey but I know it is where I am supposed to be.We moved in Sunday night, all the neighbors came over to welcome us. My girlfriends decorated the house with Welcome Home balloons and one of the Dad’s left a 12 pack of beer for hubby on the porch. It was such a great feeling. We felt loved and supported. I have met most of the block and then some – neighbors from all around have come to welcome us – and to get a tour – but that is okay. We feel like we belong here.I never had that feeling in my old house in my old neighborhood. I loved my neighbors on the left and right – they were great people. But I never had the sense of community that I have here - I really didn’t know any of the people up the block or across the street. Everyone kept to themselves. Neighbors here have brought cookies and cakes and pictures of their paintings – trying to get to know us and letting us know them. One neighbor told me about the deer that live in our yard – they will be getting an eviction notice soon but I haven’t seen them yet. Lu has already had a play date with the girl across the street.In the end – I wish we didn’t have to go through all we did to get this house- I know there is a lesson in it somewhere and I will figure it out. I would like to thank everyone who supported this move – who helped us in so many ways with moving and watching kids and just listening when things weren’t going our way. Now I have to get back to unpacking and waiting for the cable guy – so I can blog away about the latest love in my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

Raising Z and Lil C said...

It sounds like a wonderful place to live and the house looks beautiful. I hope to have that some day. I have only met my neighbors on one side once in 3 years! They keep to themselves. Enjoy all of your hard work!

Bethany said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous house! Stopping by from SITS :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive