Thursday, October 15, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Where's Mom?

Sam used to love the Where's Waldo books. Do you remember those? You would look at a picture with a thousand different things and have to find Waldo in his striped hat and scarf? It was a great game. We can play the same game looking through the photo album only call it Where's Mom? As Moms we are the ones always taking the photos and never in the photos. It is time for that to change, even if it's just a little. I found a great Blog, Forever in Blue Jeans and she has challenged all the moms out there to take 52 pictures of themselves with their children in a year. One picture per week with one or all of your children. You can click on the button on the right of the page to go to her blog. What a great idea! I am sure there are years that have gone by where there are no pictures of me with my children. There are pictures of me with my girlfriends... my husband... me on a horse... or me by myself that my kids and friends take - but very few of me with them. I won't be here forever and I want them to remember "us" and how much fun we had at the pumpkin farm or the baseball field or just sitting and reading a book. So Cara and I are taking on the challenge One picture per week of us with our children. My first is on my Family Fun post...Me and the girls in the Pumpkin Field. I hope you will take up the challenge too - and let us know... we'd love to see pictures of all the moms out there enjoying their families.

Cara's two cents: I think more of my problem is not just taking pics with my kids but me being in pictures period. Thank God for digital cameras now so I can delete the really bad ones. But after going through my most recent family albums I see that I am missing...a lot. So I am up for the challenge. I put AA batteries on my shopping list today so my camera is ready next week 'cause I guess it's my turn.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

The challenge is a great idea! I've said before that I started taking photos as a kid because I hated having my picture taken. But that backfired a bit as now I am the official picture taker and often don't get into vacation/family photos!

Stopping by from SITS!

Anonymous said...

That would be "ditto" for grandmothers who are usually in the kitchen with the pots and pans or on the other side of the camera when there is an event! One relative who was viewing Thanksgiving pictures of the family, asked if grandmother attended the meal that year. Ouch! Guess we should all be more cognizant of who is in the family shots!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cherie said...

Great Idea. Guess I'll have to figure out the timer on my camera!

Stephanie Faris said...

That is a GREAT challenge. I hope many moms will participate in it. It's something they'll be grateful for someday when they're looking back over those old pics.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive