Monday, November 16, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Christmas is coming...

Well it is. In 39 days if you wanted to know. (F.Y.I. Thanksgiving is in 10)

Hubby and I spent the past rainy Saturday doing some Christmas shopping. I picked up the new Andrea Bocelli Christmas CD.

Now I love Thanksgiving. I love autumn, which I think we have pretty must established already. I always feel Thanksgiving gets a bad rap. Right after Halloween up go the store Christmas decorations. Before Veteran’s Day there’s Christmas music playing everywhere you go. Wreaths are hung all along Main St. in anticipation of Christmas Tree Lighting night which is weeks away.

Can Thanksgiving have it’s day? I am not having it this year so I am chilled out about it. Being a guest is far less stressful. But even if you are having it, there’s much less to do besides the marathon cooking. There’s not tons of decorating, gift buying, wrapping or parties to attend or host. It’s one day. Eat. Drink. Nap. (OK I never nap but some of us do!). I am a firm believer in no Christmas music until the day after. Until this year.

I don’t know what it is. I don’t if shopping on Saturday put me in the mood. I have been in a particularly content mood lately. But I opened my CD and put it on. My children were in shock. “What??? Christmas music?? YOU put on Christmas music before Thanksgiving??” (seems I have pounded that rule into their brains…lol)

Well, I am going with it this year. I am not going to decorate for Christmas or anything insane like that yet. I took out my Christmas planning folder, (I do enjoy my folders which can be a post in itself). It’s chock full of recipes and ideas to try, past Christmas gift lists, places to cut down Christmas trees, and “notes to self” for this year. It’s like opening a gift to me. I love to see what I left inside from last year. (some of my favorite ideas are from the FlyLady! Gotta check her out if you never have...)

So maybe that, Bocelli playing and the fire burning did it. I will still give Thanksgiving it's due. But it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas a little early this year...

Jenn's two cents: Sometimes I think Cara is looking inside my brain! I was planning my getting ready for Christmas post tomorrow... I started my Christmas shopping yesterday....and it does feel like Christmas a bit early this year - even if the temperature outside is in the 60's...I too bought a new Christmas CD - but I am not breaking it open until Thanksgiving Day. Can't wait for Black Friday!

5 comments:

Lisa Kennedy said...

I am one of those rare breeds-- a woman-- a MOM --- that hates Holidays. It's true I hate them. The only thing that I like about them is seeing our families and truly having a day off.There is only one Holiday that is good and that is Halloween, No cooking, no cleaning, and candy!

Ever since I had my children I have been the biggest faker, I smile, I bake, I decorate. Actually, last year I paid my OCD son to decorate the whole house and he did a great job and it was perfect

Don't like the sappy stuff-- Sometimes, I think I am a freak of womanhood.

In the words of Muffy Crosswire Christmas is Vomitrocious

sweetjeanette said...

Oh, a girl after my own heart!!! I hold off singing Christmas carols...UNTIL JULY!!!! I can't wait to tell hubby, "see, I'm not a freak!" Or at the very least "I'm not alone" LOL!!!

Dropping by from SITS.

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE Thanksgiving. I'm the same way, no Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. I haven't started shopping yet, but I'm making my lists.

Laurie said...

Hi girls! Nice to meet you both ....I'm over from SITS. We're in similar places in life!

http://youmusttakeyourchance.blogspot.com/

Corrie Howe said...

You both are stressing me out! I don't even want to think about either Thanksgiving or Christmas yet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive