Friday, November 6, 2009

PostHeaderIcon Cara: To Do List...


Yesterday started out as typical day filled with a to-do list a mile long, phone calls to make, bills to pay...blah blah blah.I decided to pay attention to what went on around me as I went through my day. There’s much fodder for blogging as I like to say, when you do.

So come along with me…

First stop A.C. Moore…where by the way, Christmas has thrown up. Now, I love Christmas, no I really love Christmas! But I just put away my jack o’lanterns and will enjoy my turkeys and pumpkins a few weeks more, thanks. I used a coupon I printed off the Internet and the woman behind me on line took it personally. “I don’t’ have one of those!” “Where did SHE get one of those?” “She printed it off the Internet”, the cashier said nervously. “Well I didn’t do that and this is ridiculous that she has one and I don’t.” I am happy to report that I didn’t say anything to her except “Merry Christmas” and I left chuckling to myself.

Next I go to a local market that’s off my beaten path but had stuff I wanted on sale. I am putting my stuff in my car and out of no where a guy was standing there right behind me. I kinda yelled out. I usually don’t do that. Then he yelled. He said “Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” I took that as…”Sorry I didn’t mean to make you scream before I rob you at gunpoint.” So I asked, “What do you want?” (as I made a fist with my right hand with my keys between my fingers) “I am just waiting to take your cart when you are done, I work here.” I just laughed out loud and said "you are so making the blog tomorrow." He looked at me like I was insane and walked away with the cart.

I noted some other things. For one, the new shopping carts are HUGE. An adult can sit comfortably in one. I think that’s because they want you to keep shopping and shopping and think that you haven’t bought that much since your cart is not full yet. I am on to them.

Another…I was watching one of those TVs now that they have at registers that play little clips of commercials or recipes etc. They were showing a Thanksgiving craft and said a kid could use a “paper coloring tool”. A what? I am sorry did I miss the memo? We don’t call them crayons anymore??? Really?

One more, and I am just putting this out there….is there a recession? Well, someone better tell the gazillion people that were at the outlets today. It took us 10 minutes to find a parking spot. We played bumper carts in my favorite store that sells mostly things that you really don’t need. I like life sized Christmas Nutcrackers, baskets, platters of every shape and color and paper napkins with my initials on them but I don’t need them. And the people on lines snaked around the stores did not look like they had the necessities of life in their carts either.

Stop and look around today. You may just find fodder for blogging too!

3 comments:

MsTypo said...

Hi, stopping by from SITS! :)

I wonder how often i've ended up as someone else's blog fodder. LOL

Corrie Howe said...

I get nervous when the young men are waiting on my cart too. There is a lot of fodder for blogging. I've started carrying around my notebook and pen so I don't forget somethings that come up...especially with my kids conversations.

Unknown said...

No wonder you were nervous--there's so many freaky things happening today. Glad he was harmless!

Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you'll do the same.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive