Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Leftovers!

I have mixed feelings about holidays.  I love and hate them at the same time. All the pressure and angst that go into the preparation and it's over in just a few hours.  Here are some things I love:
  • The house gets super cleaned
  • Everyone helps
  • Lots of good food
  • Lots of good leftovers
  • The excitement of the children at getting to see their relatives and getting gifts (i.e. the Easter Bunny or Santa)
Here are some things I hate:
  • Cleaning the house
  • Not enough help
  • I am the lone ranger when it comes to buying gifts (i.e. the Easter Bunny, Santa) and it is exhausting
  • Lots of leftovers
  • Lots of clean-up
  • Too many relatives or relatives that bail at the last minute
I have decided the holdiays are overated and all I really want to do is sneak off to a warm tropical island with my husband and my kids - no easter bunny, no cleaning, no cooking and no leftovers!

I made a ham for Easter and have a lot of leftovers - here is a favorite recipe that I hadn't made in years- I made it last night and the kids absolutely loved it - so give it a try if you have leftovers - you can use Ham or Turkey.

Ham (or Turkey) Tetrazzini

Ingredients



1 (8 ounce) package thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons sherry
1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (I  don't use the mushrooms - my kids don't like)
2 cups chopped cooked Ham or Turkey
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.


Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.


Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in chicken broth and cream.


Return to heat, and bring to a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sherry, then stir in cooked spaghetti, mushrooms, and ham or turkey. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.


Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive