Tuesday, July 13, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Lettuce Entertain you

Knock Knock.  Whose there? Lettuce.  Lettuce Who? Lettuce Entertain you...Lettuce Make you Smile.


Okay - sorry now you have that song stuck in your head - at least I am not the only one!  If you have a 7 or 8 year old around - tell them that joke, they may just fall over laughing - or they may roll their eyes at you and say Mom in that exhasperated tone.  The reason that song is stuck in my head today and the joke too - is that it is week three of summer vacation and I didn't plan anything for my 14-year-old to do this week.  I have a surly teenager stomping through my house with lots of I'm bored and it's hot etc. etc. etc. and picking on his sisters for entertainment.


I tried really hard this summer not to "over schedule" everyone  - to give them some down time.  Week one, my boy was in Florida, week two was tennis camp. he's off this week and then Sunday he goes away to camp for a week and after that it's three weeks of sailing and then another week off.  Usually my boy likes to lay around and do nothing - especially during school - when complains non-stop that he has too much to do.  So I give him a week of nothing and guess what? There is nothing to do.  Can't win either way. 


How many more weeks till school? Think I'll go get the supplies now.

2 comments:

Daphne said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower from FMBT :) I hope you are having a great day!
murrayfamily213.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Found you through FMBT! Freak the kid out and tell him you're going to get his school supplies! Just so you know, Target already has their back to school stuff out! Just sayin! Hope to see you soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive