Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Lovely Weekend

I had a lovely weekend.  I mean truly lovely.  Nice, uncomplicated and fun.  Hubby surprised me by taking Friday off (!)  We hung around the house, he took the girls to the beach, had a really nice day.  Got a last minute invite for backyard drinks - had a great time.  Got up Saturday at an ungodly hour - but that is the dogs fault  and had another pleasant day.  Another last minute invitation had us at my cousins for swimming and an outstanding BBQ.  Her hubby loves to grill so we were treated to pulled pork, smoked ribs and hot wings plus the standard hamburgers and hot dogs... it was all so good my mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

Sunday we got up early - went up to town for breakfast, dropped the girls with Grandma and headed out East with Sam to the ferry - he is off at camp this week.  The first time I sent him to camp, I cried.  The second time was a bit better.  Now I am practically dragging him out the door with a big cheerful C YA as he goes.  My boy and I are going through a rough patch.  He doesn't believe I am the be-all and end-all anymore - shocking isn't it?  So a week away is a good thing for both of us.  Next year I am thinking two weeks...

Once we got Sam off, we decided to stop at a local vineyard.  It was a beautiful day - a lovely breeze and perfect for wine tasting. We found a great little vineyard - where the tasting is outside under gorgeous old trees complete with a resident goose - had some terrific wine - even tried a few new varieties.  Had a nice chat with the owners and just hung around for a while - a great way to pass the day.  Then we headed out to lunch which was really dinner at that point and had a great meal.  Just a perfect weekend.  How was yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive