Thursday, September 16, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Up before the Son

These days I wake up in the dark.  My son started High School this year and has to be at school at 7:30.  He doesn't get a bus as we live too close so he rides his bike.  He has to leave for school at 7:10.  He has to wake up by 6:15.  On his own, this would never happen.  Alarms go off and get shut off then go off again.  He still doesn't wake.  Each morning I get up at 5:45.  Come downstairs and have a cup of tea, check the news and weather and then head to his room to turn on all the lights and rouse him out of bed.  This morning I overslept a little - but still early enough to watch the sun rise.  I don't like getting up before the sun or son - but that is my schedule for now.

As my boy is brushing his teeth and getting ready to peddle off to school, I wake his sister, Mae.  She starts school at 8:25.  She prefers to walk or ride her bike, doesn't like the bus so she has to wake by 7:00 in order to make it out the door on time.  I am proud to say, 5 days into school and I haven't had to drive her yet - I think it's a record.  Lu is the last out of bed - I wake her between 7:45 and 8 depending on if she needs to shower in the AM.  We try to shower at night but sometimes schedules don't allow for it.  Her bus comes at 8:45 for a 9:05 start time.  We make the bus about 1/3 of the time.  I don't mind driving her or walking with her to school, by 9:00 I feel like my day is half over - if only it were!

I am on my own from 9:00 - 2:30.  Plenty of time to grocery shop, do errands or clean the house.  It goes quickly though.  Just when I think I have a few more hours to get things done, they begin to trickle through the door.  I like having them all go and return at different times.  It gives me some alone time with each one of them which no matter how big they are, I think is important.  Hubby has been out of town this week - but next week when he is home he will be thrown into the mix as well.  He leave the house at 6:10 so I will get to see him in the a.m.  I might even make him breakfast too!

All is quiet at the moment and I am off to tackle my daily chores - clean the kitchen, make the beds, etc.  I may even throw a little fall decorating into the mix today. 

Cara's two cents: Decorating requires "stuff"...just sayin'.   hee hee...feeling feisty today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive