Wednesday, January 19, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Being a friend

Friends. I write a lot about friends now that I think about it. My friends are an important part of my life. I think one of the reasons I always had close friends is that I don't have a sister. Maybe, I don't know.  One thing I have learned over the years is that friendship should not be work. It should not be hard. And if it is, well maybe it's not that great of a friendship after all. I tell my daughter this all the time as she makes her way through teenage friendships, which if you are a girl, you know can be really hard sometimes. 


Friends make you happy, not aggravated. (well, they may bug you sometimes but you can tell them they are bugging you and you will still be friends tomorrow). You can assume your friend has your back. Your friend allows you to be who you are...and still wants to hang around with you. Your friend listens when she needs to and interrupts and sets you straight when she need to do that too. Your friend can tease you about the same thing over and over again, year after year...and you both still can laugh about it. You can just "be" together...maybe not talk and that's OK.


Friendship is easy and not supposed to be hard. Friendship is give and take. Maybe you need to lean or maybe you need to be the one leaned on. Either way it should be easy. Lots of things and times in life are hard whether we are ready or not. Friendship just shouldn't be.


“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.” ~Muhammed Ali


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive