Monday, January 3, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Let's get the dust off...

Hellllooo! Happy New Year! Time to get blogging again! It was a little dusty around here so as I am un-Christmasing today I will give the blog a good shake to get the dust off!! OK, there. That's better. 

Today's the first day of back to the routine. Everyone's moving a little slow today and by after dinner tonight we all should be ready to get to bed early. Time off from the routine is great....but too much of a good thing is not that good. So back in the saddle we go...

Christmas has come and gone. All the preparation and planning and doing is really all worth it for me in the end. Even though I have bags under my eyes for days. 

We rocked in the New Year with a houseful as usual. No real resolutions made around here. Changes in attitude maybe. I am putting the "blinders on" as I have heard myself say a few times over the past few weeks. Focusing ahead on what's important and shake off what's not. Not always an easy thing for me to do. But we are always a work in progress, right? So I am not making any  unreachable goals for myself because that's really just setting yourself up for failure. No more of that for me. I will just reflect on 2010 and remind myself to be grateful for what was good and to learn from what wasn't. Some things I have learned..
~ not to let others people's issues become my own
~ to block out the "noise"
~ remember who is important
~ the grass is definitely not greener in most cases
~ not to let myself get jaded into thinking "I don't care"
    because I do
~ to remember to "be" in the moment

I am really looking forward to 2011. Some years I say all kinds of positive things about the new year, I think mostly trying to convince myself.  2010 was a year that I was not sorry to see go. So let's move forward with a clean slate and a new attitude. Carpe diem! 

Jenn: I am right there with you!  Great post to kick off the new year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, sista! LoL!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive