Friday, February 4, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara - Friday Farrago.....How's your bucket looking?

Yes I am late today...thank you Cowgirl for pointing that out!!! Crazy morning filled with dropping kids off at school, dropping items off at school, dropping off one car in the shop, driving hubby to work, food shopping, (of course) and returning items to friends left at my house after girls night.....ack! I am finally back home.

Friday, Friday. There's something about Friday that I just like. I don't have anything special planned...actually, nothing.

Thought for today...why not try fill someones bucket this weekend? Have you ever heard that term "bucket fillers"? There's a children's book called "Have You Filled a Bucket Today: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids" by Carol McCloud.  The theory is each of us has an invisible bucket. (yes, invisible but mine is gold...see picture) It is constantly emptied or filled, depending on what others say or do to us. When our bucket is full, we feel great. When it's empty, not so much. "When we fill other people's buckets -- by saying or doing things to increase their positive emotions -- we also fill our own bucket. But when we take from others' buckets -- by saying or doing things that decrease their positive emotions -- we diminish ourselves."

So we have choices all day long. We can fill someones bucket or we can take from their bucket (and really take from our own as well) I have chatted with a few people today conscious of bucket filling. I think I did a few, which does make me feel good. I am sure some days there may be people's whose bucket I would like to not only empty but smash on their head. I make even make attempt to fill theirs...OK maybe not fill it but put in a drop or two. I keep telling you...it's a work in progress.  

Here's hoping someone fills your bucket this weekend!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive