Saturday, February 5, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Simple Saturday

My Saturdays are rarely simple anymore which is why I am posting at 5:00 at night.  Up bright and early this morning and out the door.  Finally got home about an hour ago - then off again to the butcher to decide what's for dinner.  Pork Chops for us tonight - done simply, egg dipped, coated in bread crumbs, pan friend in oil and butter and then finished in the oven.  Sides include Rice Pilaf from a box, Italian bread from the bakery and steamed corn from the freezer. 

I love walking to town to the butcher - ordering my meat - ground or cut fresh for me.  Head next door, pick up a fresh loaf of Italian Bread then head to the liquor store for a nice bottle wine.  Even in the rain, I put on my coat, put my hood up and took a nice walk.  It relaxes me.  I wish I could do more of my food shopping in town.  I enjoy not getting in the car to go pick up a few things.  Spring is just around the corner - I can't wait to be able to take my walks to the beach again - the snow can't last forever - can it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive