Saturday, February 26, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Simple Saturday

Today I will be catching up on laundry and house cleaning after a week at Disney.  We had fun at Disney, but honestly I don't think I ever need to go back.  It was our fourth trip in 8 years - we go about every two years and this time I didn't feel the magic.  Maybe it's because the kids are older.  Maybe it's because it was so ridiculously crowded.  Whatever the reason - I had a feeling of been there, done that.  Plus it's exhausting.  Too much doing and not enough relaxing unless you count standing on line for an hour relaxing. 

The smart thing I did this time was a book a restaurant in every park and I am surprised to say with the exception of Magic Kingdom, we had some very good meals.  Our favorite was the 50's Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios (still MGM to me).  You feel like you have stepped back in time.  Smack into the 50's.  With boomerang tables, bamboo poles, bad wall paper and black and white TV. Your waitress is "mom" and we had a great waitress.  She called my son junior and had lots of fun with him - from no soda refills until dinner to making him eat his veggies - he was a good sport and played along. The food is all "comfort" food - mac & cheese, pot pie, fried chicken and ice cream sundays.  "Dad's liquor cabinet" featured some old fashion cocktails - here is one we tried.  Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Mowie Wowie
1/2  shot melon liquor
1 shot coconut rum
Orange Juice
Pineapple juice

Shake and enjoy

1 comments:

Forty and Trying to be Fab said...

That drink sounds so yummy right now which is probably bad since it's only 8:30 in the morning.haha. I've never been to Disney but my kids went with my husband (ex husband at the time long story). I'd like to go just to see what it's all about. Have a great day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive