Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Birthday Wishes

Yesterday my "boy" turned 15.  It is amazing to me that this child I gave birth to is 15 years old.  It makes me feel old.  I am turning 44 this June but I still feel 24. The whole "mom" image I project on the outside is not at all what I feel like on the inside.  If I didn't look in the mirror, I can still see myself as that 24 year old girl - who was skinny - and living a full and crazy life.  Don't get me wrong - I am still living a full  and crazy life now but just a different one.  The 24 year year me was living in Manhattan - going out every night, seeing broadway plays, had a fantastic job and was engaged to be married.  Life was good.  The me I am now ferries around kids, has gained a few pounds and likes to be in bed by 10.  Last night I had a cocktail party to go to - and by 9 o'clock I was itching to leave.   I had one glass of wine - since I knew I had to drive and get up this morning - and I was tired.  Going out during the week is tough.  The young girl who could party four nights a week is now an older woman who can party four nights a month - and that's in a good month.  So happy birthday to me and my boy - after all, it is his birthday but I brougt him into this world so I should be celebrated too. Just sayin.'

PET PEEVE alert: Today I was driving boy to school and the driver of the BMW in front of me - who thinks he is James Bond - he has a 007 symbol on his car (really) opened his window and threw a cigarette out - on the school drive circle.  Disgusting.  So if any of you kind folks of Mayberry know Mr. 007 -please ask him to keep his filthy habit off our school property.  Thanks!

MAYBERRY ALERT: FYI saw one of our local town policeman ticketing a car that was parked the wrong way on my block this morning.  Don't know if they are going to start doing this around the neighborhood - but if you get a ticket, don't say I didn't warn you!

Cara's two cents:Andy and Barney should try stopping jack asses from speeding down Beach Block while my kid is at the bus stop...instead of ticketing parked cars. Just sayin'...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive