Tuesday, April 12, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Dumping

Today is one of those days.  You know the kind.  Where you are running and doing - none of it for yourself - and all you want is a minute. A minute to sit and breathe and relax.  You know if you take that minute though, you might never get back up and get back to business.  This morning I woke up at the crack of the doorknob - that is Lu's version of crack of dawn...and was up and out to take my mom for a colonsocopy.  Between the taking and the waiting and the taking her home, I was gone for 7 hours today.  That is seven hours not spent cleaning or doing laundry or walking the dog.  In my mind, it was 7 wasted hours. I helped somebody so maybe not so wasted.  I came home to dog poop on the floor - not her fault, she is not used to being inside for 7 hours.  Kids "stuff" everywhere and just a general feeling of malaise.  I was angry and sad all at once - because I am tired of the dumping. Of kids just leaving their stuff and me having to pick it up. 

In my house this week we did a room swap.  Ballernina got my office, boy got ballernia's room and the playroom will become my office.  Boy's room will become a guestroom.  We all worked hard - to get the kids rooms all in order - my office is still a mess.  The kids were happy to help get themselves settled - not sure how eager they will be to help me with my office.  I will get to that when I am done loading and unloading the dishwasher and doing the laundry and organinzing the pantry and cooking dinner and.... the list just seems to be never ending.  Normally it doesn't bother me - I just go along and do what needs to be done but today I am feeling dumped on.  Maybe it's because hubby is on a business trip and wasn't home for our anniversary.  Maybe it's because I ran out of my thyroid meds and my dr. cancelled and now I have to wait another 3 weeks to go.  Maybe it's the crappy weather.  Maybe I need some vitamin D and sunshine.  Maybe I need a maid or a vacation.  So instead of keeping it all in - I just dumped it on you - I feel a little better but now that minute is up and I am off to vacuum the kitchen and make dinner and run out to get ballernina from PT and put the laundry in the dryer and...Calgon take me away!

Cara's two cents: I need a nap after reading that...zzzz Go to bed by 9 tonight. They say you should go to bed by 9 at least one night a week.  Buona Notte!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive