Friday, May 20, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: May Day

I always say May is crazier than December.  Communions, birthdays, graduations, Lu's birthday, end-of-year concerts and plays...the list just goes on and on.  It's all good - don't get me wrong - just busy.  This May is no exception - every weekend is booked.  Maybe that's why I feel like May snuck by this year.  It's almost over.  Memorial day is next weekend - NEXT WEEKEND?  I was so surprised by that yesterday when I was looking at the calendar. 

This weekend I will be preparing for next weekend...we have an annual BBQ after our town parade.  I need to order the hamburgers and hot dogs - 100 of each. Last year we had no leftovers.  During the week I will be having Lu's birthday party at home - am I nuts? Actually it's all she wanted was a "home" party.  We will be doing crafts, ordering Chinese, getting a bouncy castle - a good old fashioned home party.  I haven't had one of those since Lu was 3.  Usually I have her party out. It's easier all around.  She insisted on having it at her house.  So be it.  I have a few of ballerina's friends are lined up to come and help.  The weather looks promising and hopefully it won't be chaos.  I am hoping by 9-years-old, the girls are a bit self-sufficient.

I need to start thinking about summer camp and what everyone needs to bring.  Ballerina will be going to sleep away camp for the first time this year and I am a bit nervous.  So is she.  I know she will be fine.  There is a lot of paperwork to still be filled out.  Sheets and towels to plan on bringing.  Uniforms that need to be worn.  Let me get through next week and then I will start thinking about that...How's your May going?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive