Monday, June 27, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Done!

Yep it's done. Prom, graduation, party...done. Whew. When it's all you talk about for months on end it's amazing how fast it all goes whirring by.

But I must say, I for once, took my own advice and enjoyed every moment. I was prepared and organized and was able to live every minute. Took loads of pictures along the way from prom hair and makeup, to prom dates, limos, receiving the diploma, to partying like a rock star. I think if you really remember along the way while it's happening to be in the moment you are able to enjoy it so much more.

People keep asking me if I am sad. Am I supposed to be? Well, I'm not. Did I cry 400 times over the last four days...of course. But I am not sad. I will miss certain teachers that she was close to. I will miss the constant stream of Diva friends that invade my house on a regular basis. My whole family dynamic is about to change but I am not sad. It's been a great ride. She has always made me proud, even the times I wanted to throw her out the window (only because truthfully we are cut from the same cloth). She has had wonderful teachers and mentors. She did great in HS and got a scholarship to college. I know she is not even close to becoming the the person she will be. She will be a great teacher someday. The one the students remember and cry when they have to leave. So no, I am not sad. Melancholy? Maybe. But not sad.

I am happy for her. Grateful for the great kid we raised. Grateful for all the people we have in our life that were here to celebrate this milestone with us. You can't be sad when a chapter in your life ends because it only means a new one is beginning. As for me I am looking forward to it all.

1 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

I am right there with you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive