Tuesday, August 2, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: City Living

I took Thursday off to head into the city with ballerina.  We were up bright and early and on the commuter train at 7:10.  I was a city dweller once upon a time.  Sometimes I forget which subway goes where or if third ave runs uptown or downtown but eventually I figure it out.  It's hard to get lost in the city.  Really.  Yesterday it all came back.  Although I love to visit the city, it just exhausts me.  Ballerina thinks its the greatest place on earth and can't wait to get her own apartment.  She loves all the eccentrics who roam the streets. The people with dogs in baby carriages.  The people begging for money.  The people with practically nothing on... or with a winter coat in 90 degree weather.  NYC attracts them all.  From the craziest of sorts to world's most wealthy.  Everyone exists in this small island semi-peacefully.  It's amazing. 

We had a good day.  Accomplished what we needed to and had time left over for lunch and shopping.  I came home tired.  Ballerina wanted to know if I could ever live in the city again.  Could I? Maybe.  Do I want to?  I don't think so.  This city girl has become a product of the suburbs.  It's hard to go home again.  I think I will stick with Mayberry and just keep my city visitation rights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive