Wednesday, October 12, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: 20 years...

Today hubby and I have been married 20 years. 20 years. It's crazy. Sounds like forever but yet seemed to have gone by so fast. In a world around me where it seems lately a lot of marriages I know have been crumbling, it's quite a milestone.

People tell me sometimes I am lucky to have the husband I have. Lucky? I don't know if it was luck. (ok,maybe a little bit). I think I just knew. We were friends first and I really didn't think much more of it than that. But I can tell you (and I am not a big sappy mush) that I remember the exact place and day that I thought.."hmmm..there may be something else there than a friend."

The rest is history. Prom date, serious boyfriend, even though our parents thought we may too young to be serious about anyone. Families starting to meld even as teenagers, holidays spent together, young cousins who weren't sure who the real cousin was and who was the girlfriend. A beautiful 80 degree day in October, perfect for a wedding. A great apartment to begin our life in. Baby. (right away might I add). A mortgage. More babies.

I may not be the interior designer that I want to be. I may not live an exciting or glamourous life to some one else's standards. But I am living the life I always wanted. A great husband, great kids who I am so very fortunate (because of my husband) to get to be home with and be there for, for everything.

So no, it's not luck. I am blessed. And for that I am truly grateful. I hit the jackpot 20 years ago when I said "I do."  He is truly my best friend and I know the next 20 will fly by again too..but it will be a heck of a ride. I can't wait.

xo TP.

1 comments:

Rosanne said...

Congratulations!! You guys are a great couple!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive