Thursday, October 20, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Getting Crafty




Ballerina has a competition this weekend.  She has to perform two classical ballet pieces on pointe.  She gets to wear a beautiful Tutu - borrowed from her studio - but a professional tutu made for the company.  I had to create a hair piece for her.  Last year she actually wore the same tutu - a black and gold number for Paquita, a Spanish inspired ballet.  In her hair she wore a red rose similar to my before picture.  This year she wanted something special  - to make her stand out - see my "after" picture.

It's not hard to make - a faux rose from Michaels - some black tulle - gold glitter spray and a gold rhinestone accent.  It tool me about 20 minutes once I decided what I was going to do.  I had to deconstruct the flower and then put it back together how I wanted it with the tulle.  Spray the gold glitter - hot glue the rhinestone and voila - done.  Hope she likes it.  I love to make things like this.  It lets me be creative on a small scale.  I am not painting a whole room or recovering a couch.  I long to do those things too - but need to keep to my smaller scale crafting until I have more time (ie no kids!).

okay enough crafting and blogging for today - off to empty the dishwasher and fold the laundry. 

Cara's two cents: LOVE IT!!!! It looks so much nicer than the one we saw at the Mayberry Street Fair! I am SURE Mae's gonna love it!!! Good job Mama!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive