Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Bueller?

One of my all-time favorite 80's movies - Ferris Bueller's Day Off- is making a come back. Unfortunately it's in the form of a Honda commericial. I guess Ferris' life didn't turn out exactly as planned - from driving a Ferrari to a Honda? What a step down! All the buzz surroundings this commercial got me thinking about all the other 80's moving I loved.

The 80's gave us classics like 16 candles, Rocky & Back to the Future. Going to the movies was big when I was growing up. It was affordable, close-by and there were so many good movies to see - or so it seems. I remember my first R movie - Blue Lagoon - I was 13 years old. My girl friend Angela and I saw this movie at least three times. We were never id'd (different world) No one cared we were in a R movie. There is no way that movie would be R today - there are much worse things on TV.

I rarely go to the movies these days. There are movies I would like to see - but the time just isn't there. Plus to take my family to the movies is 60 bucks in tickets and another 40 in popcorn & drinks. I can wait the 3 or 6 months for it to come out on DVD Or Netflix and watch it in the comfort of my own living room.

I think this Saturday night might be a good one to introduce my kids to Ferris... At least they will get the commercial on Sunday if nothing else and I will get to watch a classic movie. Popcorn anyone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive