Monday, January 30, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: 7 Qualities Of Women You Want To Be Around...

"They live by their own rules
...but don't expect you to follow them."

I think one of the reason I used to get dissappointed by other people is because I expected them to be or act in a certain way and when they didn't I was let down.

I mean, I do expect certain things from my children, my husband my close friends. I don't think that's unreasonable. I think there are mutual expectations there...respect, honesty, loyalty to name a few.

But as far as other people I have learned that they don't necessarily have to follow my "rules" nor should they. Everyone has a different view of what is right. My right may not be theirs. And unless it's something OBVIOUSLY right, and something that's subjective then it's fine.

When I was younger most of my friends or people I associated with were like me. Now it seems that my circles are filled with people alike me in some ways and very unlike me in other ways. Many people I know parent very differently from the way I do. Not to say there's is wrong..although one time I would have said they were wrong. Now I just say that works for them, but it's not the way I would do it.

I think most people do what they need to do to raise their children, make friends, gain what they perceive to be social status,or simply get through their day.  I may not agree with how they do it, or what they think. But I may tolerate like who they are. And what they do probably doesn't affect me.

So whatever. I do it my way. You do it your way. Play nice in the sandbox. You don't throw sand at me, I won't bury you. It's really that easy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive