Thursday, March 22, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: Growing Pains

There is something in the water at my house.  My children are growing like weeds.  I feel like they go to school and come home an inch taller and a pound heavier.  I can't keep food in the house.  There never seems to be enough at dinner.  They are always looking for something to eat - before and after dinner. 

Not only are they looking for more food but they all need new shoes and clothes because nothing fits.  With Lu I have it pretty easy - ballerina passes down all of her clothes to her sister - so Lu has a pretty sweet wardrobe at the ripe old age of 9.  Ballerina has been outgrowing clothes in a matter of months.  Things she got for Christmas no longer fit.  Boy has grown 5 inches since October - yes 5 inches.  I took him shopping last night for shirts (men's Large - he was a small in September), shorts & shoes. My wallet is taking a beating. 

It's a bittersweet thing to watch your children get (almost) taller than you. To see them grow as people.  You remember and sometimes long for those days they were little and let you dress them but at the same time its nice to have a conversation about real world issues and not Barney episodes.

Today I am off to BJ's to stock up on food for the this growing gang.  Tomorrow is Friday - that means a gang of girls for dinner before a trip to the movie theater for the Hunger Games.  I guess I wouldn't want it any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive