Friday, March 23, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Friday's Word of the Week

Solitude - 1. the state of being or living alone; seclusion: to
                      enjoy one's solitude.
                2. remoteness from habitations, as of a place;
                    absence of human activity: the solitude of the
                    mountains.
                

The busier I get (it never seems to end...but mostly good so really can't complain) the more I seek out solitude. I actually schedule it into my to do list lately.

There are some days that are so FULL of chatter. So full of busy chit chat..."total is $134.45" "I will have a tall skinny vanilla bean latte with a shot of raspberry extra milk" Hi how are you haven't seen you in a long time...." "today for PTA we need to do this that and the other thing" "manicure and pedicure...yes...sit here? No the water's fine...yes I am using this color on my nails too...thank you have a nice day....fill it up regular, yes charge....no you can't have 12 brownies for a snack after school...yes so and so can come over....don't use all the water bottles in the fridge to hydrate the neighborhood...I don't care if you don't like what I made for dinner...finish your homework...get ready for practice...take a shower...I said get in the shower...get in the shower NOW!!....hello book club girls...your house is lovely, how are your kids...how are you feeling....the book? Oh that book....lets talk about it now for 3 hours...great time let's chat about it all the way home in the car..."

Get the picture? Yeah. Lots of chatter. LOTS of conversation. Lots of getting tired of hearing my own voice. There's a point that I need to shut it down. I recently gave myself a two week time out. That was long even for me to shut up. But it taught me a good lesson in that for me, I need to shut it down more often maybe rather then for an extended period of time.

I need to recharge maybe you could say. There's a lot to be said about solitude...being alone with one's thoughts. There's no conversation, out loud conversation anyway...lots of inner discussions that's for sure.

Solitude is good for the soul and no better time when Spring has sprung and you get enjoy be outside in your solitude. Winter solitude may lead to napping and overeating (not necessarily bad I suppose, in moderation....becoming bear like is not an option I'm afraid).

Find a little solitude. You may be surprised what the quiet has to say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive