Thursday, April 26, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Jenn: This and That

  • I dropped my boy off at HS this morning. He was a "bit" late and I was the only car dropping off. On my way out of the parking lot., a red fox dashed across the road in front of my car with breakfast in his mouth and a wake of quaking ducks left behind.  I pulled over to watch him run across the middle school lawn.  I wish I could have taken a picture. It was a beautiful thing to see.  So caught up in the daily struggle to get on with life, I forget that even in suburbia, nature exists around us.. Even the pesky deer, who eat all my flowers, are a calming site in the early hours or grazing at night (as long as they aren't grazing on my lawn).  It was only the second time I have seen a red fox in the 12 years I have lived in Mayberry. I hope I see him again soon.
  • You wouldn't know there was state testing going on in my house this week.  Everyone is remarkably calm.  There is no drama like last week - I guess everyone is more comfortable with math.  My ballerina did say she left half the test blank.  She said there were a lot of things she wasn't familiar with.  Hmm.  I asked her weren't they preparing for this test? No, she answered - the teachers were told to teach to the Regents coming up in June.  As an 8th grader she is taking 9th grade Algebra as are most of the other kids.  The state exam asks for 8th grade math skills - which I am guessing they touched on last year.  With no review provided for this test is it possible to bomb this one yet ace a regent? I guess I'll find out once we get the results next year.
  • I think we got spoiled last week with summer like conditions.  I was loving spring.  Now, not so much.  I don't like cold, rainy & damp. I like hot and sunny.  Come on back warm weather - I miss you!  That tease was just not enough.
Happy Thursday - take a walk, weed a garden or just enjoy the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive