Monday, May 23, 2011

PostHeaderIcon Cara: Perspective

I am coming to the conclusion that it's all about perspective. IN conversations all last week about "things" going on around Mayberry (Side Note: my love fest lasted about a day and half...but I am back in my happy place now in case you wanted to know) and I really think that's what it's all about.
When the situation is not happening directly to you or someone you care about it's easy to see both sides and see what's real. But when you are in the throws of the situation, you sometimes can't see straight or what's real.

Sometimes we have strong opinions about situations or people and we know we are right. And someone else may have a whole different experience with that person or situation and think you are off your rocker for getting upset or angry.

But I think when we are past the "storm" and look back with perspective we will see maybe it wasn't so bad or maybe we didn't need to be so upset. (or course there are times when even afterward we still know we were right on)

I don't say these things like I have got my act together and I am giving advice. It's advice I should heed as well. I know far too well how hard it is to be rational when you are in the heat of the moment. At the same time when I look back for example, at things that my almost High School graduate went through that I "suffered" through as well I know now they don't mean a dam thing. The fifth grade girl that threatened to pull out her hair...(yeah she was over her house last week for a party), or the part in the play that she deserved and didn't get (she rocked her part anyway and stole the show) the 7th grade group she tried to fit in with and didn't (who have grown up now to be quite the "charmers" and I will leave it at that. ) It all doesn't matter now as she leaves the nest, makes her way at college and gets on with her life. She is a good person, makes good decisions and is someone who's company I enjoy. So all that crap didn't matter. But you never could have convinced me of that then.

It's hard to get perspective sometimes. That's why I love my friends. They don't always agree with me but they make me think about things differently sometimes. They may see something I don't. 

Right now things are looking OK from here. I hope when they aren't (which could be 12 hours from now...) I remember it's all about perspective and try to look at it differently.

Jenn's two cents:  Watching the news this morning and watching the people of Joplin MO who lost absolutely everything - blocks of houses just gone - definitley puts things in perspecitve.  As upset as I am about what's going on in my life, it is NOTHING compared to what has happened  to the people of Joplin.  I will deal with what I need to today - all the while thinking about those poor people - because compared to them, my issues are small and I need to not sweat the small stuff.  At the end of the day - girl drama, sports drama - it's really nothing as long as we are safe in our homes.

1 comments:

Rosanne said...

So true, perspective is everything. It is your own personal truth. Your Senior is who she is because you have shown her what is right even if it was only from your perspective. Standing up for what you think is the right thing and being true to yourself is what counts even if it doesn't change someone elses perspective, even if it means standing alone.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive