Wednesday, January 4, 2012

PostHeaderIcon Cara: New year....

“Life is not made up of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years, but of moments. You must experience each one before you can appreciate it."― Sarah Breathnach
 
I must admit I do love January. Never mind the cold...really yesterday was the first cold day I can complain about remember so far. Almost 60 in December is weird to say the least. In my attempt last year to embrace winter (and I have...it's not a love fest but we are on speaking terms) I realize I need the cold gray days to get my life in order. Every day cannot be spent dancing around the kitchen to Christmas music, baking cookies. (WHO would do THAT??). So although I have caved to peer pressure this morning to leave my house and go have breakfast with the girls (I am givng my self a time limit though!) I am laying low this month. Staying in and getting things ship shape. Like Jenn, I have a to do list that would make you cry. But there's no crying around here. Just doing. And I will tick it off little by little.


I also do not make resolutions. Small changes stick better for me. Instead I like to reflect on what went right the year before and what went wrong. Luckily most of 2011 went right. Yes, there were bumps but I think I have learned from them. That's all we can do I think. Years ago, I would go into the new year with all kinds of plans and high expectations for myself. No more. One thing I learned last year is to give myself a break. And I have let myself slide here and there. That's huge for me as no one is harder on me than me.

So besides January being about Order...(ship shape remember?) I will remember to look for those moments. I will remember that the days may seem long but the years are short. I will put me on the top of my to do list more often.

Last night at dusk I was driving in my car. The sky was a beautiful purple pink, I could see for miles with just the bare tree branches in the way...and the theme from St. Elmo's Fire was playing on my 80's satellite station. So for that moment I remembered how much I like that song and how beautiful a 26 degree evening winter sky can be. Moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

These are our original posts...

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

What's for Dinner?



Grab Our Button

MOMENTUM OF MOTHERHOOD

Grateful Sunday

GRATEFUL SUNDAY

Click It!


Click here and vote for us! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Proud member of MommyBlogs
Friday Follow

Follow the MOMentum

Feed:

Top food blogs

Blog Archive